Strawberry Mango Fruit Leather~
Fruit leather is easy to prepare and makes for a handy, nutritious, on the go snack. This recipe is made raw, but fruit can also be precooked.
- 1 quart strawberries*
- 1 Mango*
- Set oven at 170 ° or dehydrator at 135 °
- Clean strawberries and remove green tops. Place in blender and puree. Pour into a bowl; set aside.
- Wash and peel mango. Place in blender and puree. Pour into quart size ziploc bag; set aside.
- On cooling rack (oven) or on dehydrator tray place a sheet of parchment paper to cover entire surface. Pour strawberry puree onto parchment paper and spread by simply tilting the tray. Thin to about ¼" - ½" thick.
- [cap id="attachment_2104" align="aligncenter" width="448"]
- With scissors make a small angular cut in the bottom corner of your the ziploc bag that contains the mango. This will allow you to squeeze out a small amount at a time. Gently squeeze the bag making stripes of mango across the strawberry puree. Do not worry how close the lines are.
- With a large cake knife, ½" from the edge of the puree place the knife down and move forward. Lift the kniife and place down again about ½" away this time move the knife back; continue to end. This creates a nice design.
- Place in oven or dehydrator for approximately 3-4 hours. The fruit leather is done when it is leathery, shiny, and slightly sticky.
Strawberry Mango Fruit Leather