Butternut Squash Custard~
If you like Custard and butternut squash you will enjoy this sweet version. It uses fresh squash and can be made in just a few minutes with precooked squash. Serve warm or cold.
- 1 small butternut squash*, cooked
- 4 egg yolks*
- 1 cup milk*
- ½ stick of butter*
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons arrowroot*
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon*
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- Place halves of butternut squash in microwave and cook approximately 10 minutes until tender. Cool, then remove squash from shell with a fork. With an immersion blender pulverise the squash until smooth.
- In medium sauce pan add butter, milk, vanilla extract and begin heating at medium heat.
- In seperate bowl, beat egg yolks and slowly add to warming milk mixture stirring well.
- In another bowl, mix sugar and arrowroot and put to side.
- When milk mixture is almost at a boil add butternut squash and bring temperature up again.
- Add sugar mixture whisking it to prevent lumps.
- Be prepared that it thickens quickly.
- Serve warm or chilled.
This recipe has been posted at the following linky parties: The Barn Hop, Mama Moments Monday, The Gathering Spot, Hearth and Soul Hop, and Tuesday with a Twist,
Butternut Squash Custard