Kale Salad w/ Kumquat Vinaigrette~
Kumquats are very seasonal and now is the season. If you love orange you will love the flavor that they infuse into this vinaigrette. Served with cherry-cheddar kabobs it makes for a very pretty, as well as delicious salad.
- 1 bunch of kale*, deribbed and cut to bite size pieces
- 8 ounces Kumquats, thinly sliced
- ¼ cup white wine vinegar
- ⅛ cup water
- ½ cup oil*, your choice
- Cherry Cheddar Kabobs:
- cheddar cheese*
- Place prepared kale in bowl add 4 ounces of the sliced kumquats, toss and set aside.
- The Vinaigrette:
- Place 4 ounces of sliced kumquats in a measuring cup or salad dressing carafe. Add vinegar, water and oil; set aside. It is best to give the dressing a few hours to extract the flavor of the kumquats.
- Keep the kale mixture in the fridge until ready to serve. Add vinaigrette to whole salad or serve as a dressing on the side.
- To make cherry-cheddar kabobs:
- Slice cherries in half and remove pit. Cut cheddar cheese into small squares. Slide onto screwers and chill until ready to serve.
Kale Salad w/ Kumquat Vinaigrette